How would you feel if you had a sight, hearing or physical impairment which impacted your ability to use your company’s applications and equipment necessary for your employment, or your ability to use online banking, government services and support portals?
Accessibility laws and regulations (such as Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508) provide guidelines to make information technology, including software, usable by persons with disabilities.
Beginning with Version 4.5, ANCILE uPerform provides accessibility support for consumers of published outputs. This allows all users to successfully navigate and interact with courses, simulations, and documents.
ANCILE uPerform published output allows for:
- Keyboard access of all navigation, audio controls, and content elements.
- An option to skip large elements on the current page.
- A logical order for reading or tabbing between page elements.
- Support for text resizing that does not affect the course layout.
- Screen readers to determine what elements have the screen focus.
- Text to Speech (TTS) (available with Version 5).
For more information regarding ANCILE’s support for accessibility please refer to our Accessibility support whitepaper and our Text to Speech Knowledgebase article on our ANCILE Intelligence Hub (login required).