By default, after users answer an assessment question in uPerform Courses, they have to click the Continue button to first check their answer and then click another Continue button to move on to the next question. Several customers requested the ability to change the wording of this button for additional clarity. Beginning with uPerform v4.50, it is possible to change the first Continue button in Assessment pages to a Submit button (or any other phrase that you would like). To change the text on the Continue button that appears after users have completed an assessment question, a simple template modification must be made.
- In the uPerform Client, open the desired template by selecting File->Open->Template.
- Select Publications at the bottom of the Editor window.
- On the right side of the screen, under Default Publication Settings, select Course.
- From the drop down list at the top of the screen, select Course Caption Settings.
- Select the Assessment Button-Submit Caption phrase in the list.
- Click the Select Phrase button.
- Enter “Submit” in the Phrases: field (or scroll down in the Phrase: field and select the Submit phrase).
- Click the OK button.
Note: Following steps 6 and 7 above (instead of using the Add button) ensures the Submit phrase is replaced in all languages.
Changing the text from Continue to Submit gives your users a clearer understanding of what the button is actually doing. Try it out, and let us know what you think.